Sharing Steve :: New Stuff
Thursday, November 25, 2004
 

Now we know why Steve liked making the Pink Panther


The Express
November 24, 2004
U.K. 1st Edition; COLUMNS; Pg. 40
EMILY'S STILL IN THE PINK; DAY & NIGHT
KATHRYN SPENCER, JULIE CARPENTER & KATE BOHDANOWICZ

AS A DARLING of the low budget arty film world, Emily Mortimer has had to disrobe on more than one occasion. But when the porcelainskinned daughter of Sir John Mortimer landed a role in the remake of The Pink Panther, with Steve Martin and Kevin Kline, she presumed her celluloid nudity was behind her.

"I've done a string of independent films in which I kept ending up naked but I really thought I'd progressed from that when I went to Hollywood to do the Pink Panther film, " she says.

The producers had other ideas, though.

"They soon explained to me that I'm playing Steve's 'perky' assistant, " laughs 32year-old Mortimer, who has a one-year-old son Sam with her actor husband Alessandro Nivola.

"I seem to spend most of the film falling over and then ending up with my legs wrapped around his face."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger